Self-referrals are private individuals, couples and families. Self-funding fees are £80 per session and insurer-funded session fees vary. Therapy sessions take place at the Tower Clinic in North Leeds, West Yorkshire.
Referrals are also accepted from health insurance companies, health professionals such as GPs and psychiatrists and instructing solicitors.
It may be possible to use private health insurance to cover full or part of the cost of your appointments. I am a registered provider of psychological therapy with health insurers AXA PPP, AVIVA, CIGNA and VitalityHealth.
Some of the problems I work with:
• Grief, loss and bereavement
• Effects of physical illness (including chronic fatigue syndrome)
• Life transitions (e.g. to adulthood, mid-life, retirement)
• Career stress
• Bipolar disorder
• Self-esteem issues
• Traumatic experiences
• Difficulty making or sustaining relationships
• Working with people who feel ‘stuck’
I work integratively, drawing on a number of approaches to suit your needs. The models I draw on include:
• Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
• Psychodynamic Therapy
• Compassionate Mind
• Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)